Planning For Seniors helps California families pay the long term care expenses their elderly loved ones are facing, regardless of their financial situation. The most common long term expense families are faced with involves paying for a nursing home. Becoming the caregiver of a loved one can be extremely stressful. Planning for Seniors assists families with the emotional and financial issues, and our professional team includes geriatric care managers, estate planning attorneys, and financial strategists.
Myths About Qualifying for Medi-Cal
Here are 3 of the most common myths about qualifying for Medi-Cal:
* You must “spend down” to poverty level
* There’s a limit on how much you can own
* There’s a limit on how much income you can have
People often assume they must be without any assets before they can meet Medi-Cal resource guidelines. A person applying for Medi-Cal can legally rearrange assets and qualify for Medi-Cal benefits, without spending all their money, or giving away all their assets. There are legal and ethical strategies that preserve assets, while allowing qualification of Medi-Cal long term care benefits. Planning for Seniors designs funding strategies to enable our clients to qualify for Medi-Cal benefits.
We Provide Our Clients:
- Peace of mind and practical information about long term care funding options.
- Next steps for getting your loved one’s financial house in order.
- Answers to questions about extended care costs and available public benefits.
- Strategies for preserving the assets your loved one worked so hard to achieve.
- Insights on professionals who can address sensitive topics related to the care of your loved one.
- Understanding and support that makes you feel you are not alone.
- Guidance from a team of trusted advocates for your aging loved one.
- Solutions for securing Medi-Cal benefits for your loved one.
If you have questions for yourself or a loved one, please contact our office at 530-671-3308.